Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Alice Cooper's Welcome 2 My Nightmare to be released, tracks announced

Shock rocker Alice Cooper will release the sequel to his 1975 classic Welcome to My Nightmare album. The sequel, Welcome 2 My Nightmare, will be released on September 13, 2011. The album will be Cooper's 26th studio album, following up 2008's Along Came a Spider. Nightmare II was produced by Bob Ezrin, who produced almost all of the Alice Cooper albums from the 1970's, including the original Nightmare in 1975. The tracking list for the album is...

 1. I Am Made Of You
 2. Caffeine
 3. The Nightmare Returns
 4. A Runaway Train
 5. Last Man On Earth
 6. The Congregation
 7. I'll Bite Your Face Off
 8. Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever
 9. Ghouls Gone Wild
 10. Something to Remember Me By
 11. When Hell Comes Home
 12. What Baby Wants
 13. I Gotta Get Outta Here
 14. The Underture

Personally, I'm excited for the release of this new album. My only complaint is the title of the album: I really don't like it when people replace words with numbers (2 and to). I mean, what if the album was brought up into a conversation? Wouldn't people think you're talking about the 1975 album? Just saying. So I'd like to call the album Welcome to My Nightmare II. For those of you who were wondering what happened to the title of The Night Shift: according to Alice, that's a whole other project. The Night Shift was going to be the sequel to Along Came A Spider but Bob Ezrin had no interest in doing it. Perhaps The Night Shift can be Alice's next album?

Also announced recently, Alice and Universal Studios have teamed up to create an attraction called Alice Cooper: Welcome to My Nightmare. The attraction will be a maze and be open from September 23 to October 31.

No comments:

Post a Comment