Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

I Saw Her Again...Last Night

On The Today Show this morning former child star Mackenzie Philips talked about her new book. The new book reveals her life in drugs and her sexual relationship with (get ready to spew chunks)... her father John Philips. John Philips, as we all know, was a member of the Mamas and the Papas back in the 1960's. She says it began when she was nineteen the night before she was married. She and her father stopped their incestuous relationship once Mackenzie was pregnant. She didn't know if the father of her child was either her husband or John. Her half-sister, Chyna, is believing Mackenzie. Michelle Philips, former wife of John and last surviving member of the Mamas and the Papas, doesn't know what to think.

Okay, this is really disgusting. I love the music of the Mamas and the Papas and it comes as no shock to hear about Mackenzie's drug use. I heard about this before and I'm well aware that all of the group were doing drugs. This now has my thoughts on John in question. John was such a great singer and songwriter. I know of his drug use but now that he actually slept his daughter is gross. I'm sorry. This is not right. There is another half of me that thinks Mackenzie could be making this up for publicity. Therefore, I'm going to stop right here and the next time I listen to the Mamas and the Papas, I will forget about this....or not. Maybe listen to the album that John and Cass were barely on. People Like Us? Terrible album but still...
Comment? Do so!

Link to Today Show video: http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&fg=rss&from=&vid=310ce6b7-f989-4355-abe5-e0df8190e0cb

Videos may change shorty so check out YouTube or any trusted source for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment