Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Alice Cooper's next album: sequel to Welcome To My Nightmare

According to Blabbermouth.com, Alice Cooper is working on his next album. The album will be produced by Bob Ezrin. Ezrin is best known for producing the Alice Cooper band's classic albums back in the 1970's and producing other bands such as Pink Floyd and Kiss. The title and theme of the album was under lock and key...until now. Cooper, 62, has confirmed that his next studio album will indeed be a sequel to 1975's Welcome To My Nightmare. Cooper said the album, which as a working title of Welcome 2 My Nightmare, will be a 1970's return-to-form sound. Cooper also said that he and Ezrin were thinking about bringing back guitarists Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter, who were in Alice's band during the Nightmare era. Welcome To My Nightmare 2 or Welcome 2 My Nightmare is due for release in 2011.

This is pretty cool. Honestly I would prefer if Alice did a standard album but this is fine. Welcome To My Nightmare already has a sequel in some way with 1976's Alice Cooper Goes To Hell. However, I didn't feel that Hell was a direct sequel to Nightmare, although it did use the Steven character. Still, I'm ready to hear some new stuff from Alice, especially if he has Bob Ezrin is back on board. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment