Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Judas Priest announce their Farewell Tour

According to Rolling Stone, Judas Priest have announced that their next tour in 2011 will be their last one. The band announced today that this will be their last world tour and promise fans that "With all guns blazing and amps cranked to 11", Judas Priest will go out with a bang. So far, only eight European dates for the summer have been announced but more should be coming.

When I read this on Rolling Stone, I literally gasped. This f*cking sucks! 2010 has been a highly disappointing year for my genre of music and maybe even music itself. This just ruins my day. Judas Priest are one of my my favorite bands ever and I love their music dearly. In the article from Rolling Stone, they did mention a number of phony farewell tours: the Who, Phish, Kiss, Cher, and others have all gone back to touring. However with the Scorpions also disbanding earlier this year, maybe Priest are picking the right time to quit. The band formed in 1969 with KK Downing and Ian Hill as the founding members. Along the way, they picked up Glenn Tipton and the metal god Rob Halford. In the 1990's, they hired Scott Travis. The band's last studio album, a concept album called Nostradamus, was a bit too epic for some fans although I can't say since I don't own the album. If Priest can give us one last album that's straight up ass kicking, balls to the wall, no bullshit album that's in the veins of Stained Class, British Steel, Screaming for Vengeance, Defenders of the Faith, and Painkiller then I can move on with my life. I will try my damnedest to see them, no matter where or when. It means "some heads are gonna roll" or even if it means "breaking the law", I will see the metal gods!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment