Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

David Lee Roth reveals title of new Van Halen album

Van Halen will be releasing their new on February 7 and just recently, singer David Lee Roth has announced the title for the new studio album: A Different Kind of Truth. Roth also announced a few shows that the band will be playing in New York for their 2012 tour.
A Different Kind of Truth is already a historic release for Van Halen. It is the band's first studio album in 14 years, the last being 1998's Van Halen III which featured Gary Cherone as the lead singer. Also, the album is also Van Halen's first album with Roth in 28 years, his last being 1984's 1984. A Different Kind of Truth is also the band's first album without bassist Michael Anthony, as he was replaced by Eddie Van Halen's son Wolfgang (aka Wolfie).
I'm not very interested in the 2012 tour. I've seen Van Halen twice: once with Sammy Hagar in 2004 and once with Dave and without Michael in 2007. If I were to see Van Halen again, Michael has got to be there with David, Eddie, and Alex but that is very unlikely to happen. Still, I'll get the new album. The title, in my opinion, is not bad. I think it fits in with the other studio album titles.

Van Halen
Van Halen II
Women and Children First
Fair Warning
Diver Down
1984
5150
OU812
For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
Balance
Van Halen III
A Different Kind of Truth

I have all the Van Halen albums except Balance and Van Halen III but I don't think it really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment