Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Paul McCartney's New to be released October 15

After months of speculation, it's official: Paul McCartney will have a brand new studio album out before the year ends. The album, entitled New, will be McCartney's first studio album since last year's Kisses On the Bottom. Since Kisses was mostly an album of standards, New will be McCartney's first album to consist of original material since 2007's Memory Almost Full. The self-titled track is out now for digital download while the album will be released on October 14 in the UK and on October 15 in the US.

I'm very happy to hear this news. It's great that Paul is coming out with a new studio album so soon after Kisses On the Bottom. I thought Kisses was okay and know it was an album that Paul wanted to make for some time. His previous solo efforts have been good. I enjoyed Memory Almost Full but I think the last great one he released was 2005's Chaos and Creation in the Backyard. My only problem with this news: the album title. C'mon Paul! New? You couldn't think of a better album title? However, the new song is pretty good. It reminds me very much of "Penny Lane" or something the Beatles would've done back in their later years.

So yeah, I'll be looking forward to this.

I'm going to try something different and put the YouTube video right here so you can listen to the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment