Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Judas Priest are writing new material

Veteran heavy metal band, Judas Priest, are reportedly working on new material. On the band's official web site, the site reads that the band is working together and that "all is going really well". The site also said there'll be more details later. Guitarist Glenn Tipton said on his website that the band is planning on their last world tour. Tipton says for fans not to worry about this farewell tour, that was announced in December last year, as this tour does not mean the band is ending. Tipton confirmed that the band is writing new material. If released, this'll be the band's first album since 2008's epic concept album Nostradamus.

This is great to hear that Priest are going to make another album. I never got to pick up Nostradamus but I hear the album was way too over the top. I mean, there are two discs! This isn't like Priest! Also, I'm confused by Glenn's statement. The band are on their farewell tour but they aren't breaking up? I thought Priest was ending for sure. Are you telling the truth, Glenn? I'm having a heart attack here! This isn't too strange: I think Queen went on a farewell tour and just stopped performing around 1986 but they made two more studio albums until Freddie passed. I'm not sure. Whatever the case may be, it's good to hear that the Metal Gods are in the studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment