Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

AC/DC's Let There Be Rock film to be out on DVD in June

It was reported last year that the AC/DC movie, Let There Be Rock, would be released on DVD at the beginning of 2011. I just checked radio DJ and That Metal Show host Eddie Trunk's Twitter page. According to one of his tweets, Let There Be Rock will be out on DVD in June. There'll also be some bonus material, which Trunk said he'll be in (he said it's been over a year since he was interviewed for the bonus material). What is it that makes Let There Be Rock so special? The movie, released in September 1980, documents the band's December 1979 performance at the Pavillion De Paris. Although the movie shares the same name of AC/DC's 1977 album, this movie has nothing to do with the album. The band had released Highway to Hell just a few months ago and were on tour. The movie isn't only a concert but it also has interviews with the band, in between, the performances. This movie also has shows a fine performance from Bon Scott, who would die in February of 1980. In the end, the movie is dedicated to him.

This is very cool news. I hadn't heard before that the movie would be out on DVD. I myself own it on VHS. It was one of the four or five things I got for my 11th birthday while on a shopping spree with my grandparents at Tower Records. Along with the Let There Be Rock album, this movie converted me into becoming an AC/DC fan (although Highway To Hell is my favorite album by the band). I'll be picking this up, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment