Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Judas Priest announce new studio album- Redeemer of Souls

British heavy metal legends Judas Priest have announced today that they will be releasing a brand new studio album. The album, Redeemer of Souls, will be the band's first studio album since 2008's conceptual Nostradamus.  This will be Priest's first album without co-founding member and guitarist KK Downing, who left the band in 2011 before the band embarked on their Epitaph Tour which had been promoted as their farewell tour and/or the last world tour. The band seems to have changed their mind, now with guitarist Richie Faulkner taking Downing's place. The album will be released in the US on July 15 and in the UK the day before.

I'm happy to see that Priest are back. I think the whole "farewell" thing was going to be a farewell tour, but I remember Rob Halford saying that they might remain a recording band only. I wouldn't be surprised if their next tour has a small amount of tour dates. As for the new song, it's pretty good. I'm not blown away by it or anything but Halford sounds pretty good at his age, I must admit. I will be getting this album for sure.


You can listen to the new song right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment